Thursday, January 28, 2010

Moebius Knitting


Moebius. Mobius. Who cares! All I know is it is really, really cool technique for knitting. I've made a few scarfs in the past years and it's rather relaxing to do while watching tv. You can easily pick it up, knit for a little bit and save some for the next night. Easy "come and go" kind of project. When I found this cowl, or capelet, or whatever it is I wanted to know how to make it. Once I did some digging it realized it had a special technique called Moebius, which twists the knitting as you go. Ah, that's how they made that shape! So, I'm going to unpack the old yarn and buy some circular needles (needles attached to a wire loop) and give this a shot! I'll let you know how it goes.

Here is a link to Cat Bordhi's "Intro to Moebius knitting". Very good description if you're interested.

-Jess

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Let me know when you succeed and I will order one from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some cheaper needles at the craft store and they curled up so much I ended up taking them back. I think I've found a better pair I'm going to order, but it's discouraged me a bit. I gotta get back in the mood to do it now.

    ReplyDelete