Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chocolate Covered… BACON?!


I can't decide if this is a good thing or just flat out disgusting! There seems to be a new fad growing in the food industry – adding bacon to just about anything. Yep, now bacon is a universal staple and no longer faithful to just eggs and toast. Bacon is ready to explore new territories: baked in brownies and cookies, and even dipped in chocolate. I've actually heard of a coffee house that adds bacon fat drippings to their coffee. Ironically, they're a Vegan restaurant, but I guess anyone can break the rules for some good ol' bacon lard.

If you're interested in why this makes sense to anyone check out this article on NPR. Even though our taste buds crave sweet and salty combinations, I not sure if I'm ready for bacon ice cream topped with chocolate chips.

-Jess


Image used from NPR article "Bacon Gets Its Just Desserts".

No comments:

Post a Comment