Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Threading your brows

I recently discovered from a girlfriend of mine a new technique of maintaining your eyebrows-threading! I have to admit I was pretty scared to watch the youtube video she posted- I could only image what a needle and thread would do to your brows. Luckily there are no needles (Whew!) and the thread only stays on the outside of your skin! It's kind of a weird process to try and explain so here is a video I though was the easiest to under stand and see.

After watching a few tutorial videos I became fascinated and had to try it myself. I have thread- this should be easy! Here are my thoughts on threading your eyebrows:

1. It's pretty painless.

Actually, I think it hurts less than tweezing. I've never waxed them before, so I'm not sure how to compare it to that. I also think that once you get quicker it won't hurt at all.

2. It's actually "tweezing" your brows, not cutting them.

Some of the videos i saw threw out the word "cut". It doesn't cut at all-more so just tweezes quickly and much more at a time.

3. Cleaner shaping:

What's nice about threading is that you can move the thread as your "plucking" around. So you can make an angle, yet rotate it as you go. Basically, letting you shape your eyebrow while you pluck lots or a little hair at one time. Nice!

4. Need to practice

I definitely feel that you can't master it on your first time. It's going to take some practice. As long as your not crazily whacking away at your brows, it's pretty easy to control and not screw up the shape. You don't want to have one bald patch for work the next day! Take it slow and watch out for your lashes!

- Jess

1 comment: